Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 April / 11:15am–4:15pm
Led by master weaver Caron Penney this vibrant and practical 2-day tapestry weaving workshop for beginners will teach participants how to warp a tapestry frame and develop basic weave techniques used to create a tapestry. These include plain weave, soft diagonals, hatching, blending and shaping. At the end of the workshop students will take home a completed tapestry or a tapestry to finish at home. Aimed at adults, this workshop is suitable for beginners.
You will learn:
- How to warp a tapestry frame
- How to create shapes / diagonals
- How to use blending techniques to create shading
- How to create hatching techniques creating a change of colour from the left to the right of the work.
Beginner Level class
This class is suitable for participants with no weaving experience to those with a small amount of experience, or have completed the one day beginners workshop at the Fashion and Textile Museum. All the materials for the class are included. Tapestry frames are available to purchase from the tutor.
Above Image: Tapestry by Caron Penney
Price: £160 includes equipment* and exhibition entry.
* The fee includes the tapestry yarn and equipment used during the workshop. Should participants wish to acquire a tapestry frame to continue their work at home these will be available for sale on the final day.