Newham College London is one of the largest Further Education Colleges in the UK; it has a reputation for widening student participation and has an enormous range and variety of provision. The College has developed a comprehensive selection of outreach sites and learning partnerships across London, enlarging the College considerably.
Newham College London purchased the Fashion and Textile Museum in November 2006 to continue and extend the ground-breaking collaborative work undertaken between Zandra Rhodes, the Museum and the College’s Fashion and Tailoring students. In 2016, Newham College established the Centre of Excellence in Fashion and Tailoring to provide new and effective routes to employment. The Centre of Excellence acts as a hub for key activities to increase the delivery of vocational skills training to students and to support the growth of apprenticeships and sustainable employment opportunities in the sector. The Centre takes forward the College’s work with Savile Row and offers additional training and employment opportunities with partners such as the National Theatre and Royal Opera House. The centre also encompasses activities at the Museum, which has a strong educational focus with an extensive programme of short courses, events and workshops for all age groups.
Fashion and Tailoring Courses
With strong sector links and employer partnerships, Newham College has established a Centre of Excellence in Fashion and Tailoring and offers a wide range of courses that provide highly effective routes to employment.
Newham College courses:
- Introductory Extended Certificate in making it in Fashion
- Introductory Extended Certificate in Sew Fantastic
- Intermediate Diploma in Bespoke Tailoring
- Intermediate Extended Certificate in Bespoke Tailoring (Adults)
- ABC Advanced Foundation Diploma in Fashion
- BTEC Introductory Diploma in Skills for Fashion & Textiles
- Introductory Extended Certificate in Bespoke Tailoring
- Intermediate Diploma in Skills for the Fashion Industries
- ABC Intermediate Certificate in Fashion & Textiles – Bespoke Tailoring (Adults)
- ABC Advanced Diploma in Bespoke Tailoring
- ABC Introductory Certificate in Fashion & Textiles – Bespoke Tailoring (Adults)
- Introductory Certificate in General Sewing
- BTEC Intermediate Diploma in Creative Design for Fashion & Textiles
- BTEC Advanced Diploma in Design for Fashion & Textiles
- BTEC HNC Costume Construction & Design Interpretation Level 4