Thursday 21 January | 11:30am–1pm | Postponed
BOOK YOUR TICKETS
Join the Museum’s exhibitions team for this rare opportunity to view the ins and outs of couture construction. Take an up-close and intimate look at selected garments from the Fashion and Textile Museum Collection plus a selection of pieces from the Zandra Rhodes archive, and discuss some of the many fascinating stories behind the clothes.
Participants will also have the opportunity to examine the internal structure and sewing techniques of garments from Couture houses including Chanel, Dior and Balenciaga.
Price: £50 | £35 students includes exhibition entry
Numbers are limited, please book early to avoid disappointment. If you have any questions regarding this event, please get in touch via our contact form.
Our number one priority is the health and well-being of our visitors and staff. We have made changes and introduced new measures to help keep you and our team safe during your workshop. We have also introduced safe visiting guidance throughout the Museum.
– As of 14 September 2020, in line with new government guidelines, all workshops will observe the ‘rule of six’. Each workshop will be led by one tutor and attended by no more than five learners. We ask that you observe social distancing wherever possible throughout your workshop.
– On arrival you will be asked to queue outside the Museum in a socially distanced manner. Upon entry to the Museum foyer please present your workshop ticket on your device or bring a note of your booking reference – there is no need to print.
– Each participant will have use of a single set of equipment for the duration of the workshop. All equipment and furniture will be sanitised prior to your arrival and following your departure.
– Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the Museum. Please sanitize your hands when entering and exiting the workshop space.
– Face coverings are required in all public areas of the Museum. For their safety and yours, our team are wearing masks or shields. Please ensure you bring a face covering to your workshop.
– Gloves will be available should you wish to use them.
– To avoid the need to gather round your tutor, additional technology will be in place to support demonstrations of techniques etc.
– As we are not currently able to provide water, we ask that you please bring your own.
– Your workshop ticket includes exhibition entry. To facilitate this safely we ask that you visit during your lunch hour, at which time capacity has been adjusted accordingly.
– All museum staff, including our workshop tutors, have received thorough training in the above new measures and are committed to following them diligently.