Friday 27 August | 11:30am or 2:30pm | £30
Taking inspiration from the exhibition Chintz: Cotton in Bloom, students will work with experienced fashion and textile designer Suki Bourne, to design their own colourful collection. In this 2-hour workshop, participants will create mood boards from a selection of images and use croquis to illustrate their final collection. Young designers will have the opportunity to develop their fashion creativity and understanding of how designers work in the industry.
Suki Bourne is a freelance fashion and textile designer who has worked both nationally and internationally. She teaches a variety of workshops at the Museum Including Draw Like a Designer and the Summer School programme. Suki also mentors young designers helping them to develop their work into commercially viable designs.
Beginner level, suitable for children 12 to 18 years.
including materials and exhibition entry
The Fashion and Textile Museum operates in line with all government guidance in relation to COVID-19. We regularly review our procedures and practices in order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and staff. Find our full visiting guidance here.
- If you or anyone that you have recently been in contact with is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend your workshop. If you are unable to attend your workshop for reasons related to COVID-19, please get in touch and we will be happy to reschedule your ticket(s).
- It is no longer mandatory for you to wear a face covering during your workshop. However, we strongly encourage their use wherever possible.
- Hand sanitiser stations remain in place throughout the Fashion and Textile Museum. Please use them as directed throughout your workshop, including when entering and exiting the space.
– Gloves will be available for use throughout your workshop.
- Additional cleaning of our galleries and toilets remains in place, as well as door handles, handrails, and other key areas, including our workshops spaces.
- All Museum staff, including our workshop tutors, have received thorough training in the above new measures and are committed to following them diligently.