Take this opportunity to learn fashion drawing skills from the Museum’s Head of Exhibitions and author of the bestselling book How to Draw like a Fashion Designer, Dennis Nothdruft. In this 2 hour drawing class learn and explore the basics of fashion drawing using simple but effective techniques on croquis enabling you to articulate your design ideas on paper. Drawing skills are a must for any fashion designer wishing to express their ideas and an essential tool in the design process. In the world of computers drawing by hand is still advocated by top fashion designers as a starting point for any collection.
The class includes the opportunity to discuss hints and tips with Dennis, with time to ask questions about his career as a leading curator of fashion.
Beginner Level Suitable for people with little to no experience
Price: £60 includes materials* and exhibition entry.
*A selection of drawing equipment, paper and paints will be provided
The Fashion and Textile Museum operates in line with all government guidance in relation to COVID-19. We regularly review our procedures and practices in order to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our visitors and staff. Find our full visiting guidance here.
- If you or anyone that you have recently been in contact with is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, please do not attend your workshop. If you are unable to attend your workshop for reasons related to COVID-19, please get in touch and we will be happy to reschedule your ticket(s).
- Face coverings are required in all public areas of the Museum. During the workshop we request that you wear your face covering when you are not at your work station and when you are conversing with the tutor. For their safety and yours, our team are wearing masks. Please ensure you bring a face covering with you when you visit, unless you are exempt.
- Hand sanitiser stations remain in place throughout the Fashion and Textile Museum. Please use them as directed throughout your workshop, including when entering and exiting the space.
– Gloves will be available for use throughout your workshop.
- Additional cleaning of our galleries and toilets remains in place, as well as door handles, handrails, and other key areas, including our workshops spaces.
- All Museum staff, including our workshop tutors, have received thorough training in the above new measures and are committed to following them diligently.